Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Vintage Goodies

I went to a church sale in the Long Beach area of Long Island this past weekend. 
I decided that I would limit myself to $20.00, which for me is somewhat a challenge!  I pretty much know the value of things from years of experience as a flea market junkie and I always do my research.

  Well, it was a successful shopping experience and I came home with quite a few goodies worth about $500.00.  
My favorite purchase was a huge vintage silver cruet set that has 6 decanter holders.  3 of the Red Bohemian glass decanters were with the cruet.  I love this piece, it is quite stunning!  Now I am on the hunt for matching decanters for the set!  I also found a lovely brand new piece of Kosta Boda Sweden glass that retails for over $100.00 which I scored for $2.00.  Another find was a lovely old wine decanter from the company Bischoff Cherry, probably worth a little bit under $100.00.  Next was a gorgeous vintage pewter lotus compote bowl with a 3 candle candelabra ( I cannot find anything similar on the internet so I have no idea of it's value but I would estimate it to be worth atleast $200.00) .  I collect lotus items so this was a major big deal for me!  The last purchase I made was a lovely milk glass bowl to go with my milk glass collection! 
I realize that I should have photographed my items before I packed them up for storage!
 
The value of the items is not all that important to me, because I never sell any of my finds.  I love the story that antique and vintage items tell.  



No comments:

Post a Comment