Wednesday, August 8, 2012

A Crackle a day!

I have been obsessed with Martha Stewart Crackle paint for awhile now...using it is a habit that I cannot seem to kick!  

Project 1:
The first project I want to share is my candlestick makeover!
I found this is my grandmothers house.  They were silver and had crystals hanging but a few were missing so I completely got rid of them all together.
Here are my steps!
I painted a base coat of Martha Stewart Primer. 
When dry I painted one light coat of crackle followed by a thicker coat in which I used a putty knife.
The next morning I used a dab of light metallic bronze paint mixed with varnish.
After it was completely dry I took a blade and scraped off some paint on the edges for a rustic feel.
I decided to replace the crystals that were missing with antique swarovski crystals from a chandelier that my mother once had.  
Here is the end result:


Project 2:

My second project was a little more tedious and I found using the crackle more difficult than usual.
I had these cute pieces from Home Goods that I purchased maybe 10 years ago. I didn't want to abandon these so I left one the way it was and crackled the other.  Here it is!

I used Martha Stewart texture paint as a base coat and then used the putty knife for the crackle.  I put about 3 heavy layers on.



No comments:

Post a Comment