Thursday, August 9, 2012

Building with bits & pieces!

building with bits & pieces

After 4 years of art college, sculpting was never my forte but I do enjoy gathering scraps and building something!  I'm like a kid with Lego's!  
Even though I constantly frequent antique shops, Home Goods and other home interior shops for great finds, I still find myself making home crafts!  I wanted something for a mantel piece that I created myself.  This what I ended up with:

WHAT I USED:

2 octagonal wood trays
an antique glass lamp
6 wooden dowels
twine rope
1/4 " sewing trim
an old finial
metallic paint in bronze and antique gold
Martha Stewart crackle
and my old reliable glue gun! 

HAPPY CRAFTING!!!!!


2 comments:

  1. I think you better start over. It looks like it has paint remover on it that you didn't remove.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous, I love when people post advice anonymously.
    What's "paint remover that you didn't remove" suppose to mean? Just curious so do explain your concern further.

    ReplyDelete