Thursday, August 9, 2012

De plane! De plane! Stranger Islands Joanie Wolkoff welcomes you to her Oasis!










Stranger Islands . Joanie Wolkoff . www.strangerislands.com

AGE: 31. 
HOMETOWN: Toronto, Canada. 
CURRENTLY LIVES IN: Brooklyn, where she sings and co-writes for Stranger Islands.

How do you describe you own personal style?
SW: A harmonious blend of Dr. Quinn medicine woman and Tracy Lords!!!


LOL!!!! Who inspires you?
SW: A handfull of people that I know really well, and from a distance anyone who appears to be showing the rest of us how it’s done.  I’m inspired by the way Annie Lenox, Christine McVie and Alla Pugacheva sang at the beginning of their recording careers.  And I'm inspired by anyone who makes a living doing what they love!


What is your favorite beauty product?
SW: I/m so glad you asked because when I'm not fantasizing about natural disasters or the apocalypse I'm usually thinking about LIPSTICK & PERFUME!!!!!!!!


So then you must tell us what your faves are!
SW:  My friend Jelena gave me a wonderful rose scented Anna Sui sheer lipstick that I have worn down to a nub.  As the years go by I tend towards less shiny lip products but its good to do yourself up with a little gloss at night!  I’ve decided that I cannot wear powder anymore...looks MORBID on me!!!  I try to be honest and wear as little foundation as possible, but you will rarely see me without MAC  concealer on my East European eye circles!  I use to be loyal to one perfume for years at a time, but I went to the darkside and have a dozen! 


Tell us about your ethnic background
SW: Speaking of Polish Pigmentation I am half Polish/Jewish, a quarter Danish and the rest is a Euro Stew!


A quick little piece of advice from you before we end this babySW: Eyes Peeled, Ears Open!



Thank you to my dearest Joanie for this interview!  She is beautiful, talented and an amazing human being who I am proud to call my friend! xoxoxoxoxoxoxo Love You!

Jeannine

Our Photoshoot! 











No comments:

Post a Comment