Tuesday, March 6, 2012

10 apples up on top...

I am a tad bit tardy with this post regarding the birthday of the beloved and genius Dr. Seuss.  My children's school is very celebratory when it comes to this special birthday!  Grades k-2 wear their pj's to school and some of the teachers whip up some Green Eggs & Ham!  I must admit that "Green Eggs and Ham" was never my favorite Dr. Seuss book.  I took more of a liking to One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish and The Grinch who stole Christmas.
My youngest son grew extremely fond of Dr. Seuss books almost immediately.  As a baby he was intrigued by the colors of the covers, as a toddler he enjoyed the drawings inside, and as a kindergartener he enjoyed the riddles & rhymes.  His absolute favorite was "Ten Apples Up On Top".  The greatly appreciated Dr. Seuss collection is still very special, and he has since gifted it to our youngest.  <3 
Here he is enjoying one apple up on top!
“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.”- Dr. Seuss

No comments:

Post a Comment