Saturday, March 10, 2012

when boys grow up...

I became a "boy" mom twice before becoming a "girl" mom.  As a little girl dreaming about becoming a mommy, only meant being a "girl" mommy!  It meant dress up and tea time, Barbie dolls and the Town House.  It didn't mean matchbox cars, hot wheels and Rescue Hero's.  When I had my boys, I didn't think tea time was totally out of the question.  Instead we played restaurant and went golfing in the living room.  We played dress up in mommy's clothing, in which I took so many photo's.  When we look at them, it's non-stop laughter and great memories.  I took better care of the hot wheels than I did my own toys as a child. Nature walks and collecting sticks, rocks and acorns became my favorite past time!  When my oldest son was 6 and my younger son 4, I became that "girl" mommy.  I feel as if I have the best of both worlds.  I have such a special and unique bond with each of my children and now my oldest is 11 and starting to venture out into the world.  There are friendships and this whole world that I am not included in, but it's okay!  I never thought it would sit well with me when he was growing up but I giggle when I hear him on the phone or when I see him interact with his friends.  Private jokes, innocent secrets about crushes and test grades.  I love seeing the smile on his face with his buddies, and hearing the belly laughs when on the phone.  It's these little things that once frightened me that make me happy each day! 
And now I leave you with a photo I had taken today of my big guy!


No comments:

Post a Comment